Preet Kaur Gill MP spoke to Bartley Green residents today about Labour's campaign for better buses in Birmingham, and handed out Birmingham Labour's bus manifesto which calls for:
- More affordable fares: delivering a simplified pricing structure for bus travel with daily and weekly fare caps.
- Easier to use and safer: ensuring customers receive much improved live information and can access the lowest fare for every journey.
- A better bus network: redesigning the network to ensure it meets the needs of customers and is better integrated with all other modes of transport.
- An improved experience: improving the comfort, safety and convenience of bus journeys for every bus user and their unique requirements.
- No more diesel: swapping diesel buses with zero emission buses (hydrogen or battery) as soon as possible.
- More priority for buses: reducing journey times for buses and improving the reliability of journey times for customers.